23 March 2011

Portraits

I've discovered a new love.

I learned the past few weeks that I love taking portaits and just photographing people in general. I'm really happy with the way this project turned out and it felt really good when my parents wanted to frame the ones of my siblings right away. (: These pictures also mean a lot to me because of all the work that went into them. As much as I complain about working with film and all the time and energy it requires, I wouldn't trade the outcome for anything. This batch of 6 prints took approximately 4 hours in the dark room between processing film, enlarging, and printing. I'm still considering becoming a photography major too...we'll see how things go I guess!

Here's just one from the set of my brother, Trevor. You can view the rest on my Flickr by clicking the link below.


2 comments:

  1. These are really good, Britt! I love this one of Trevor and the one of Maddie in your dress and heels. Also, the railroad tracks and the view down onto the carousel. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm really starting to love photography, it's definitely become my favorite class this semester.

    ReplyDelete